Incoming Clay County Economic Development Council President Tony Reinhart accepted the gavel from outgoing President Jo Stueve at the Keystone Awards Luncheon.
Even with individual accomplishments, the most notable news at the luncheon, held at Harrah’s North Kansas City Hotel, may have been Clay County’s total growth for the year. Outgoing EDC President Jo Stueve said the 17 Keystone Award recipients alone represented nearly $50 million in investment and 500 new jobs.
“But that’s only the start,” Stueve said, citing the recent $1.1-billion Ford Motor Company announcement brining 1,600 new jobs. “That’s a huge development by any measure and ranks as one of the largest announced this year in the entire Midwest.” Along with millions in public investment and additional private development, Clay County ranked as one of Missouri’s fastest growing economic areas.
• Cascade Health Services, North Kansas City
• Charles D. Jones Company, North Kansas City
• Children First Montessori, Smithville,
• Clinical Coding Solutions, North Kansas City
• Dick’s Sporting Goods, Liberty
• Fabricor, North Kansas City
• Hangar Ten, Kansas City, North
• Hidden Valley Funeral Home, Kearney
• Hy-Vee - Liberty, Liberty
• Kansas City Missouri Temple, Kansas City, North
• McDonald’s-Gladstone, Gladstone
• Midwest Green Fuels, Kearney
• MRIGlobal, North Kansas City
• Murphy Tractor & Equipment, Kansas City, North
• Rexam Expansion, Excelsior Springs
• Sleep Inn & Suites Indoor Water Park