Business Survey Sees Growing Optimism in Clay County
Results from EDC's Annual Indepth Dialogue with Area Business Executive
The Business Synchronist Information System questionnaire was developed by Blane, Canada, Ltd., of Chicago, and has been tested nationally and is employed in 39 states and provinces. With the support of KCP&L, the Synchronist System forms the basis of the Kansas City metro-wide Business Retention Council program. Over 900 economic development organizations now use Synchronist to provide an accurate picture of business retention and expansion opportunities.
The Synchronist Survey is a structured business information system focused on understanding a business through the use of four tools:
• Problem identification questions
• Predictive questions
• Marketing intelligence
• Business assessment
The result is hard data that provides information designed to help answer specific questions of concern to every economic development decision-maker and community or government leader. These questions include:
• What is the company’s value to Clay County?
• Is the company at risk of relocating or downsizing?
• What is the growth potential of the company?
• What is the company’s level of satisfaction with Clay County and its services?
• Do any existing or emerging problems in the community pose a threat to existing or potential businesses?
• Are there untapped marketing opportunities (e.g., industries, companies, strategies) that could be leveraged for attracting new businesses to the community?
About Clay County Links